Hamachi:Dungeon Siege 2
- start hamachi and connect your network. all players should be with green dots in hamachi's list.
- disable your "local area network adapter" in "network connections"
- start dungeon siege, host a game, IMPORTANT - START THE GAME!
- alt-tab out of ds2, enable your local area network adapter, reconnect to hamachi. done.
- start hamachi and connect your network.
- wait for the server to load the game.
- start ds2, select lan play and you should see the game in the list - play!
some things to say:
- the important part seems to be that the server should START the game, not just wait with a hosted game in the lobby
- the client does not need to do the disable/enable trick. at least it worked for us.
- there is absolutely NO banning of IP-addresses or ports with firewalls necessary. i've read numerous comments about this, i repeat: you DON'T need any firewall at all! (it would make no sense BTW)