Note: This page has been created by the Hamachi team. It has been reviewed for validity and content. If you would like to request changes or additions, please email [email protected] referencing the link to this page
Norton's new security product, Norton 360, is actually less obtrusive to Hamachi connectivity. To ensure that it does not block any Hamachi peer/server traffic, implement the following
- Open Norton 360's main window and click Tasks and Settings
- Click Change Advanced Settings
- Click Firewall Protection Settings
- Click Firewall General Rules
- Here you'll create a new rule, and ensure it is prioritized above the block rules. Click Add.
Select Using a Network address and enter in
Firewall Program Rules
Click this tab to confirm Norton 360 allows Hamachi.exe to function properly. On a default installation of Norton 360 and Hamachi, this rule should already be created.
If it is not, restart your machine, start Hamachi, and Norton should learn the Hamachi program's connectivity. Once this rule shows up, you can set it from custom to Allow to ensure everything works properly.